ever considered turning your car into a taxi so you can make some extra money We have all the information you need to set up as an Uber driver fully licensed!
Being an Uber driver can be the perfect summer show for students. It is well-paid, highly flexible, and you get to drive around all day doing chat with strangers. Sounds pretty decent, right?
The nice thing about prep becoming an Uber driver is that you ‘ can work as many or as few hours as you like – you are your own boss, and you are under no obligation to stick with it if you find it is not your jam.
However, starting may initially be expensive, so it is important that you have all the facts before, so you can choose whether it is a viable option for you.
have all the necessary requirements for you here, as well as information on how to apply and tips to make more money while you drive!
Uber driver requirements
Contenido de la página
The biggest obstacle you find in becoming an Uber driver is obtained initially set-up (or your “wheels rolling” as would be the father of someone we were writing this).
There are a fair few start-up costs to consider, and you may be waiting a while before you can hit the road, but the Uber drivers talked with all said what worth the initial penalty sting to get up and running.
First of all, you need to meet The relevant criteria . You can only apply to be an Uber driver if you:
- are more 21 years old
- has a driver’s license / EEA DVLA / Ireland the complete North and have been driving for at least three years
- has the right to work in the UK
also You must pass the following checks:
- medical Full take your GP
- criminal record (now called DBS)
- check Fund (the same type as the black cab drivers and professionals to obtain)
- the local test map area you want to work. UNLIKE black taxi drivers, you do not need to sit a hefty exam that involves you study the streets of London for months (which is what Google Maps is, right?).
You must qualify Past Away with the following three things …
The license private hire
the process of getting a private hire license is quite free from pain, and Uber not offer you help with the registration process (see below for more details on “sessions ignition ‘Uber).
the price of a private hire license varies from municipality to municipality, but generally you will be looking at an average of £ 300 (ish) and it has to be renewed every three years .
Keep in mind that it may take a helluva long time to get your license through whos after applying. their website claim on Uber This takes between 2-6 weeks , but drivers who have spoken to have said that it is closer to 3 or 4 months , and a guy said I waited 6 months before I get through His!
This long wait is due to the sudden rise in popularity Perhaps Uber. The company also offers drivers a reference scheme rewards where they can win £ 150 for each new driver They recruit – so it is no wonder that there is a delay when it comes to processing licenses
A car and private licensed-rental insured
Credit: Abrackin – Flickr If you already have a car that fits the bill, you are way ahead of game. Make sure your car is an Uber by default Click here if you are working in London and here if you are outside London .
If your car did not cut, you can rent a Uber Past-approved vehicle on a weekly basis. Rental prices can vary greatly from £ 50 per week in Glasgow to about £ 150 in London (If none of these cities apply to you, google your man).
private rental insurance can be steep, but as with any car insurance, the longer you have been driving and safer you are as a driver, the cheaper it becomes.
For example, the difference between a private hire policy for someone who is driving for three years and someone who is on the road for five years can be as much as £ 100 / month!
an appointment with Uber
Before you can apply for a license, you will have a short interview with Uber and will have to attend a free class offered called session ‘Uber Ignition’ .
This is basically a half-day information session where you learn about what it will be like working for Uber, and its trained staff will guide you through the entire application process so that you you can apply for a local authority license.
They say it will take four hours to complete about the spark session, which involves the following:
• Training for maps testing
• Guidance on how to get your health and background check
• Advice on obtaining insurance
• Guidance on how to apply for your license private hire
We spoke to some Uber drivers throughout the UK, and these are the advantages and pitfalls They came alleged With the work.
- Getting paid weekly directly to your bank account
- you get to be your own boss
- at a minimum or maximum hours – you work as little or as much as suits you
- hours flexible This can fit around study and social life
- relaxing job if you like to drive
- Very social work what is good if you like to talk to people
- passenger star ratings help you avoid potential passengers are likely to give you trouble you or leave it waiting for them
- also passenger ratings (in theory) encourage passengers to behave properly in your car
- Drivers still get paid in full When a passenger use free credit “refer a friend” Uber scheme (covered by Uber). Thankfully, as some rascals are accumulating as much as £ 1,500 in free rides !
- The outputs are high (Uber take to 25% cut of everything you earn) so you need to work a reasonable amount to make a decent income
- can take a long to get your license private hire to
- to do your own taxes
- Particularly insurance is expensive for young people
- Tipping is not common as the transactions are made through smartphones
- No company benefits : such as pensions, holiday pay, sick leave, etc.
- Spotify sync option (where passengers can check the music from their own smartphones) can be annoying if you do not like your taste in music, or if you are drunk and start blasting songs in your ear!
- passenger classifications can not guarantee they will not come in drunk and puke in your car.
For drivers of London, Uber rates act as base rate of £ 2.50 + £ 0.15 + £ 1.25 per minute per mile . Note that these rates will differ from city to city, so Google for more information.
says Uber drivers should be able to do about £ 15 per hour . This figure is taken after Uber have much to service charge of 25% from your fare (previously 20%, but has recently risen to 25%). You can expect around Apparently 20% of their salary to go to fuel on top of that.
It is worth clarifying, just as you would to work for yourself, you would not be protected by any law of the minimum wage. It’s up to you to make sure you get enough to keep your passengers on income security above the minimum wage ( salary if you are 25 years or older ).
£ 5 per week, you can go to business phone and a sat nav (includes telephone, data rates and repair). This can be more reliable than using your own phone to work, and is covered by insurance if it is damaged.
Remember that you are self-employed Working with Uber, that is, you have to Put aside your own 20% income tax and declare that in April each year. Need more information about the UK tax? Check the facts .
… and tips on how to make more money!
Uber Many drivers say they will work as little as ten hours a week , but note that you’re gonna have to work a little more fair than this for the money worth it.
According to a driver who talked, splashing out the extra money for the flasher wheels so you can qualify as a Exec Uber driver worth it in the long run .
Ahmet, an Exec driver Uber London, save the student answered
Although you enjoy initial success in having to buy a more expensive car to join Uber Exec, you take home more money per trip than you do with UberX , which means that works best in the long run.
If you already have a suitable car to use, Uber is a great choice for a job part-time students.
From what we see, and what we have heard from drivers, if you do not have a suitable car, it is worth thinking about prep If this is the right option for you.
This extra expense to get your own wheels pushes the initial expenses over the edge having much economic benefit as you will end up spending the first years of his time in the Uber driving to pay your car!
Ahmet When asked if I recommend becoming an Uber driver with other students, I was very positive. I said Save Student:
I really, really recommend driving for Uber … is a great way to earn some pocket money on the side.
Every time I go to my friend’s house in Harrow, I get a good rate on the way out there, since it is on the outskirts of London. We’d just relax and play FIFA on Playstation, then one before I leave I’d just open the application and be trusted to make some money on my way home.
Sounds very convenient! However, it is worth being aware that Uber prevents application system that Know drivers to final destination pilot Until they get into the car , so you can not guarantee that everyone who you it is on going in the direction you want to go. Ahmet has luck on this one!
You are a young person to work for Uber as a part time job while studying? We want to hear from you!